12 Mar Cabin Fever Tips and Tricks
Is it Spring yet? Ahh yes, the question many are wondering this time of year.
You may be one of many who are also wondering why they feel irritable, edgy, restless, and even lazy. Perhaps you are having difficulty concentrating and finding energy to perform daily tasks.
If this describes the way you’ve been feeling lately, it could be cabin fever.
Well, we have good news and bad news for you.
The bad news is many parts of the U.S. still have weeks of cold weather in the forecast.
The good news is we have some practical tips to get through the rest of this season!
Find Your Energy
You know exercising gives you energy, but the problem is you may not have energy to exercise. Consider this:
- Eat foods that give you energy and be sure to keep your blood sugar normal. Check out these energizing foods that will do your body good.
- Get Moving! You can do it. You know you will feel better when you do. You don’t even have to go to a gym or take up running. Moving your body can be as simple as gentle stretching or bouncing on a mini trampoline. Yes, jumping on a trampoline – you’d be surprised at the many benefits.
Keep Your Mind Busy
This can defeat boredom and keep you out of the refrigerator.
- Read a book.
- Play cards or board games.
- Start a home project like cleaning out that closet.
Have Some Fun
Enjoying yourself and laughing have physical and mental benefits.
- If you don’t want to go out, invite people over.
- Watch a funny movie or YouTube video.
- Do something you enjoy or find a new healthy hobby.
If possible, step outside for some fresh air and hopefully some sunshine.
- Go for a walk. Bundle up if you need to.
- Get adventurous and consider sledding or snow shoeing.
Keep in mind that this is temporary. Warm weather will be back.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and eliminate as much negativity as you can.
- Have a “go to” tool. Create a list of things that make you happy and you enjoy. When you sense cabin fever coming on, go to your list.
A tip for you – you can incorporate these ideas all year long!
The above article is courtesy of My EZ Health Guide and is intended for informational purposes only.